Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Barnes & Noble Story Time


I have begun taking O to story time at our local Barnes & Noble store.  They offered story time at the Barnes & Noble where I lived previously but I never attended mostly because we were already attending a story time at the library (which was closer to my home).  I was searching for activities in the area of our new home and I decided to give the Woodland Hills Barnes & Noble a shot.  Boy am I glad I did!  Miss Jennifer, the facilitator, is great! We have attended twice now and both times my son has had a good time.  The first time we attended there was a curious george theme.  Miss Jennifer read books and the kids got to color curious george pictures.  In addition, there was dancing to songs such as  'if you're happy and you know it' and the hokey pokey! O did want to leave a little early (I think it got a little too chaotic for him) that day, however by the time we got to the car he was crying because he wanted to go back.  He kept saying "more" while getting in the car.  I let him know that we would attend the following week and I kept my word.  Last week the theme was Thanksgiving.  Not only were there stories and coloring pages associated with Thanksgiving, but this time there was a craft project as well.  Each child got a bag with materials to make a centerpiece for the table.  How thoughtful! The bag contained a paper plate with a square of floral foam attached.  Also included were fake plants and flowers as well as a flag that said Happy Thanksgiving.  O had a blast putting the centerpiece together.  We brought it home and placed it in the center of our table.  He is so proud of what he created and I of course, am proud of him too!


It is so great that we happened upon the Barnes & Noble story time.  The unfortunate thing is that the store that we have been going to is closing.  The good news is Miss Jennifer is going to begin a story time at the Calabasas store which is not too much further.  If it continues to be more of the same, it will be well worth the trip.


Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment