Wednesday, March 28, 2012

14 Weeks Tired

I thought it would be a breeze.  Well, maybe not a breeze, but as simple as my first.  Boy was I wrong.  14 weeks into this pregnancy and I am still waiting for my energy to surface.  Why is it so much more difficult this time around?  Is it that I am older?  Is it that I have a toddler to chase around all day (who still wakes more nights than he doesn't)? I figured that being a stay at home mom would make it easier to handle the minor discomforts that come with pregnancy, however I am finding it was so much easier when I was simply a mom to be with a full time job.  Perhaps being in the office day after day was a blessing in disguise.  I was able to sit at my desk much of the day and was distracted by my work duties so I may not have noticed that I was feeling a little nauseous.  That being said, I am much more ill this time.  I was dizzy and hunched over the toilet bowl daily, multiple times a day for weeks until recently.  Luckily I think the worst is over.  I now appreciate that I was able to go out to lunch everyday when I was working.  I ate some amazingly delicious food while I was pregnant with Logan.  I find myself craving some of the lunches I used to have but the restaurants are too far away to justify visiting frequently.  Now I have to actually cook lunch everyday.  It used to be fun.  Now its a chore!

Yes, I had it easy prior to being a mom.  I would come home from work and plop down on the couch if I so desired, snoozing for a bit prior to making dinner.  I recall phoning my boss on more than a few occasions to let him know that I would be in late because I hadn't slept throughout the night and felt like crap in the morning as a result.  I could take a three hour nap on the weekends.  When I had to walk the dog it was easy.  Simply throw on shoes grab the leash and we were off.  Those were the days.  It is so unbelievably difficult to walk the dog now that Logan wants to walk but won't hold my hand and always wants to walk in the opposite direction from the dog.  I can't seem to get the two of them in sync!  Logan is becoming more heavy as the weeks go on and carrying him while walking the dog is equally as uncomfortable as struggling to walk with the two!  We don't take a lot of walks now.  We tend to go outside and throw the ball for the dog so he gets exercise.  Thank goodness I have a husband.  If I had to do it on my own all the time I would lose my mind.

All that being said, I am so grateful to be expecting baby number 2!  I love being a mom and can't wait to have another peanut to snuggle.  I am so excited for Logan to have a sibling! Time is flying by and I know the new little bundle will be here before we know it, which is scary, but luckily there isn't a whole lot we need to do to prepare.  Well, except get a new home.  There's that.....

No comments:

Post a Comment